According to a press release from the folks at Chrysler Group, Mopar’s new tablet technology, wiAdvisor, is changing the face of auto service. For customers who don’t have a lot of time to spare, the new technology is a major benefit because of its ability to check customers into the service lane within seconds.
Here are a few highlights from the editors at the Chrysler Group:
- Chrysler is first automaker to provide factory-connected tablet technology in service lane
- Service advisors step out from behind traditional customer-service desk
- Customers check in with wiAdvisor as they pull into the service lane
- wiAdvisor instantly provides customer profile, vehicle service history and factory-required maintenance information for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Fiat and SRT vehicles
- wiAdvisor platform now available across Chrysler Group’s U.S. dealership network with plans for global implementation
- Platform is fully integrated into Chrysler Group LLC systems and across most Dealer Management Systems
TFLCar.com explained that the Mopar wiAdvisor is short for wireless service advisor and that it easily plugs into a car’s onboard diagnostic port. In a matter of seconds, certified technicians will have access to “just about everything there is to know about the vehicle, from the air pressure in its tires to any outstanding recalls or inspection orders from the manufacturer,” the Detroit News said.
To learn more about how the technology can streamline any service appointment, give us a call at Mancari’s. Or, swing by. We’ll be sure to have you in and out in no time flat.